- A Connection is the session between java application and database. The Connection interface is a factory of Statement, PreparedStatement, and DatabaseMetaData i.e. object of Connection can be used to get the object of Statement and DatabaseMetaData. By default, connection commits the changes after executing queries.
The Connection interface provide many methods for transaction management like commit(),rollback() etc.
Commonly used methods of Connection interface are:
- public Statement createStatement(): creates a statement object that can be used to execute SQL queries.
- public Statement createStatement(int resultSetType, int resultSetConcurrency): Creates a Statement object that will generate ResultSet objects with the given type and concurrency.
- public void setAutoCommit(boolean status): is used to set the commit status. By default it is true.
- public void commit(): saves the changes made since the previous commit/rollback permanent.
- public void rollback(): Drops all changes made since the previous commit/rollback.
- public void close(): closes the connection and Releases a JDBC resources immediately.
For example of connections follow below links:
More on JDBC
Follow below links to learn more on JDBC and solving JDBC related issues :
JDBC API introduced statement, PreparedStatement and CallableStatemnet to execute different types of queries:
- Statement : Used to execute Normal SQL Queries.
- PreparedStatement: Used to execute dynamic or parameterized queries.
- CallableStatement: Used to execute StoredProcedure.
Statement Vs PreparedStatement Vs CallableStatement
|It is used to execute normal SQL queries.
||It is used to execute dynamic or parameterized SQL queries.
||It is used to execute Stored procedure or function.
|It is proffered when particular query to be executed only once.
||It is proffered when particular query to be executed multiple times.
||It is proffered when stored procedure or functions to be executed.
|You can no pass parameter to query by using this interface.
||You can pass parameter to query at run time by using this interface.
||You can pass three types of parameters by using this interface IN, OUT and IN OUT
|This interface mainly used for DDL statements like CREATE, ALTER , DROP etc.
||This is used to be any kind of SQL queries which are used multiple times
||It is used with Stored Procedure and functions.
|The performance of this interface is very low.
||The performance of this interface is better than query while using with multiple queries.
||Performance of this interface is very high because stored procedure execute on database end.
|For More: Statement
||For More: Prepared Statement
||For More: Callable Interface
Learn More on JDBC
Follow below links to know more on JDBC and solving JDBC issues :
“Learn From Others Experience"