Kafka can consume messages published by Filebeat based on configuration filebeat.yml file for Kafka Output.
Filebeat Kafka Output Configuration
Filebeat.yml required below fields to connect and publish message to Kafka for configured topic. Kafka will create Topics dynamically based on filebeat requirement.
output.kafka: #The list of Kafka broker addresses from where to fetch the cluster metadata. #The cluster metadata contain the actual Kafka brokers events are published to. hosts: <strong>["localhost:9092"]</strong> # The Kafka topic used for produced events. The setting can be a format string topic: <strong>Topic-Name</strong> # Authentication details. Password is required if username is set. #username: '' #password: ''
For more information about filebeat Kafka Output configuration option refers below Links.
- Filebeat Configuration Changes for Kafka Output
- Sample filebeat.yml file for Prospectors ,Kafka Output and Logging Configuration
Read More on Kafka
- Kafka Introduction and Architecture
- Kafka Server Properties Configuration
- Setup Kafka Cluster for Single Server/Broker
- Setup Kafka Cluster for Multi/Distributed Servers/Brokers
- Integrate Java with Kafka
- Integrate Logstash with Kafka
- Kafka and Zookeeper Common Issues