Python is having all these main important features that’s what it’s most preferred language for developers.
- Python is open source: The Python implementation is under an open-source license that makes it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use.
- Python is interpreted: Python is a high-level language that is interpreted by a python interpreter.
- Python is Interactive: Python provides users a command prompt where one can interact directly with an interpreter to write programs.
- Python is a great choice for new learners: Python is easy to learn and follows a simple syntax, so it is a good choice for beginner programmers. Python also supports a wide range of application development.
- Python is cross-platform compatible: Python can be executed on all major platforms like Windows, Linux/Unix, OS/2, Mac, and others.
- Python is Object-Oriented: In Python, we encapsulate data within the objects as it supports the object-oriented style of programming.
- Python is extensible: Python has a large range of libraries and built-in functions which helps in the easy and rapid development of applications.
- Database connectivity: Python provides interfaces required to connect to all major databases like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and others.