Spring Boot is a Spring module that provides the RAD feature to the Spring framework. Spring Boot makes easy to create a stand-alone, production-based application that can “just run” with very little configuration. It doesn’t generate code and not require an XML configuration.
You can create a Java application that can run by command java -jar or create traditional web application by creating war and deploy on the server.
- Spring Boot Current Version: 5.2.4 Release (February 25, 2020)
- Written in Java
- Website: https://spring.io/
Spring Boot Advantages
- Spring Boot Create stand-alone Spring applications that can be started using uber jar i.e java -jar.
- Spring Boot embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly. You don’t need to deploy WAR files explicitly
- Spring Boot provides featured ‘starter’ POMs to simplify your Maven configuration.
- Spring Boot automatically configures Spring dependencies whenever possible.
- Spring Boot provides production-ready non-functional features (metrics, health checks, security and externalized configuration) by the actuator.
- Spring Boot required no XML configuration and also not generate any code.
Spring Boot Features
- Spring Application
- Web Development
- Application Events and Features
- Externalized Configuration
- Properties Files
- YAML support
- Type-safe Configuration
- Admin Features
Spring Boot Version
- Spring Boot 0.9 Release in 2002
- Spring Boot 1.0 Release in 2003
- Spring Boot 2.0 Release in 2006
- Spring Boot 3.0 Release in 2009
- Spring Boot 4.0 Release in 2013
- Spring Boot 5.0 Release in 2017
- Spring Boot 5.2.4 Release on February 25, 2020