Gson is an open source Java library to serialize and de-serialize Java objects to/from JSON. Gson can work with arbitrary Java objects including pre-existing objects that you do not have source code.
Initial Release : May 22,2008
Written in: Java
Developed By: Google
Stable Release : 2.8.2 in 19 Sep, 2017
License: Apache License 2.0
Why GSON is Popular?
- provide simple methods toJson() and fromJson() to convert Java objects to JSON and vice-versa.
- Extensive support of Java Generics.
- allow custom representaion of objects.
- allow pre-existing unmodifiable objects to be converted to and from JSON.
- support for complex objects with generic types and having deep inheritance.
Below dependency required to configure GSON in your application
<dependency> <groupId>com.google.code.gson</groupId> <artifactId>gson</artifactId> <version>2.8.2</version> </dependency>