Elasticsearch REST performRequest api always returned response for Synchronous by object Response and for Asynchronous by ResponseListener which contain response object. Response object contains other fields as given below:
getHost() api return host information.
getRequestLine() api returned information about performed request.
return response status code by calling getStatusLine()
provide response all header information by api getHeaders() if need to get specific one can get by getHeader(String).
Entity keeps all the content of response which comes after query or filters. We can get this by calling getEntity()
Failure Response or Exception
Communication problem like SocketTimeout etc.
Response received with status code not having 200 for OK. Response Exception not occurs for code 404 which indicate resource is not available.
Read More on Elasticsearch REST
- Elasticsearch REST API and Configuration
- Elasticsearch REST Java Connection Client
- Elasticsearch REST Synchronous and Asynchronous performRequest APIs
- Elasticsearch REST JAVA Client for Cluster Detail
- Elasticsearch REST JAVA Client to get Index Details List